Product DescriptionA comprehensive treatment of the significant symbols and institutions of Roman religion, this companion places the various religious symbols, discourses, and practices, including Judaism and Christianity, into a larger framework to reveal the sprawling landscape of the Roman religion.
- An innovative introduction to Roman religion
- Approaches the field with a focus on the human-figures instead of the gods
- Analyzes religious changes from the eighth century BC to the fourth century AD
- Offers the first history of religious motifs on coins and household/everyday utensils
- Presents Roman religion within its cultural, social, and historical contexts
- English Published
A Companion to Roman Religion (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)