Here's the problem! "Fireproof" bags are...well...not that fireproof...
...everything we tested fell apart. How can it protect my stuff if it can't protect itself?
Having a firefighting background, we soon understood why most of the products on the market FAIL. It all comes down to the materials used and how they are put together.
1. The fabrics used just can't cope with the heat.
Some fabrics are too thin, some too weak and others actually catch on fire.
2. The joints in the material are exposed.
This is something very common. Because it is really hard to join two parts of a material on the inside, many manufacturers chose to leave that part on the outside, exposed to the unrelenting fire and heat.
3. The thread used to sew the material is substandard
A simple cotton thread will never take heat for too long so even if the material of the bag holds, the joints will not, exposing the contents to the fire.
4. Manufacturers never actually test the product
After talking to so many manufacturers we could not find A SINGLE one that has proof of testing the bags before leaving the factories.
Time To Change All That...
We created a product that
- has a fiberglass core, coated on both sides with high grade silicone.
- has a kevlar thread (usually used in bullet proof vests) that keeps everything tight
- has extensive velcros to make sure the flames keep away from the zipper
Fire Rating: Grade B 60 min at 550C (1000F), with peaks of temperature up to 1200F.
- 0647297431423 0641753656948
- ✅ DESIGNED BY FIREFIGHTERS, DRIVEN BY A REAL MISSION: With 30+ years of experience in Florida, we have seen our share of hurricanes, wild fires and flood evacuations. All this knowledge went into developing the best protection you can buy.
- ✅ THE ONLY CERTIFIED BAG/ENVELOPE ON THE MARKET: Our bag is certified to withstand 60 minutes at 1000F, with peak temperatures of 1200F. Make sure you always buy certified products to avoid damage or loss of your valuables.
- ✅ ALL ROUND 100% PROTECTION: We reinforced all the weak spots to buy you critical time in case of a fire. The zipper is protected with two layers of fireproof fabric that are held tight against the zipper with velcro.
- ✅ FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION: Products should be designed to solve problems. Here are a few design/manufacturing flaws of all similar products: exterior stitching is exposed to the flames, vertical bag orientation forces storing files on edge, exposed fiberglass cloth in the bag interior with a flammable lining. FirePRUF is made with an exclusive silicone/fiberglass/silicone exterior fabric and a fire-resistant lining.
- ✅ HURRICANE IRMA & FLORIDA EVACUATION: Though we did not evacuate since we live 74 feet above sea level, I questioned many that evacuated to shelters or went out of state. Most of them stressed that they were not able to take all their important documents with them. One friend took an Amazon fireproof bag to a shelter and security said he had to leave the bag in his car trunk (because the content was obvious with the huge logo on the bag).
- 641753656948 647297431423